Any website contains digital content that needs modification, newly created content and sometimes content that you would like to remove. A Content Management System allows the website user to control all of that, creation, modification as well as the removal of content.
Features of a Good Content Management System:
- Intuitive Indexing; will index all data input throughout all your website’s search functions which will ultimately allow users to search efficiently via keywords, publication dates, etc.
- Managing Formatting; will help with facilitating of scanned documents and electronic documents into PDF or HTML documents, which will be more easily read and handled.
- Provision of SEO-friendly URLs; will make the navigation towards your website much easier. These URLs should contain your web domain, subdirectory and file name, and of course, somewhere in there should feature a keyword or more.
- Integrated Online Help; can provide Self-Service Software to customers that can help them placing orders, making payments, search and find information, and interacting with your business through questions and answers.
- Publishing Functionality; will allow the use of templates, pre-approved at set-up, wizards, and other tools that can help you to create new content, modify content throughout your website, and then also to take existing content off.
The core functions, or features, of a Content Management System, includes, format management, revision control, indexing, publishing and search and retrieval of all the content on your website. You can also create a panel for multiple language use and support.
A Content Management System will also provide unlimited size and depth to your content hierarchy with integrated audit logs as well as file managers. A CMS is also practical in the way that you will need minimal server requirements.